Tuesday, December 13, 2005

La Danza de la Virgen de Guadalupe


December 12th is a very important day in the Mexican culture. Catholics gather to celebrate la Virgen de Guadalupe. I attended an informal outdoor mass in a nearby community. Nasaria (my intercambio-language partner) invited me to attend with her children, husband, and extended family. We joined in a pilgrimage with la Virgen, sang songs (el himno Guadalupano), watched a traditional dance, and ate yummy Mexican food. I really enjoyed the experience and felt like I was a part of Nasaria's family for the evening. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori- I am amazed by all that you do... what an exciting life!!! :) Good luck with your apps and have a merry Christmas!

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home