Monday, November 13, 2006

Adventures with Jackie

Jackie and I continue to hang out and have a great time. She and I met in Texas through Greg because they were good friends at Davidson College in North Carolina. I was excited to learn (3 days before leaving TX) that Jackie was moving to Atlanta for graduate school. She's pursuing her Master's of English Education degree at Georgia State. So, since moving here, Jackie and I have had many fun adventures. Hiking in the rain at Kennesaw Historic Battlefield with Momo (her dog), consuming amazingly yummy food at the Flying Biscuit cafe (an ATL specialty), tracking down her car after it was towed from a lot while we were eating at the above-mentioned cafe, meeting "Santa Claus" in a sketchy car impounding place as a result of the towing incident (an older guy with a huge white beard told us about going to Corpus Christi each December to be Santa), eating Mexican food at Taco Cabana (an Austin favorite....Jackie most recently lived in Austin and I just love speaking Spanish!), getting fresh Krispy Kreme donuts with Maelle (another Davidson friend who Greg and I stayed with in Venice Beach, CA), eating free Krispy Kreme donuts (yes, another time!), and catching up after many weeks of studying while sharing falafel and sushi (yes, these food items were both on the menu at "Falafel King!" Jackie also lived in Japan!). As you can see, the majority of our adventures have a food component, not mandatory, but an added bonus...yum! Hopefully our next adventure will include Momo and I can include some pictures with her. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Just let me know if you want any more of my friends :P

9:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home