Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spring Break in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas







Megan (my good friend from the PT program) traveled with me to Texas and Mexico. We stayed with former Teach for America friends that are still living in "the valley," as we call it. Our mini-spring break included a Mexican breakfast with Jana, a relaxing day at South Padre Island, dinner reunion with my buddies in the mid-valley, a surprise visit to Taylor Elementary (complete with tons of hugs and classroom presentations about Physical Therapy), a hop across the border to Nuevo Progreso for delightful eats, a run on the canal near my old house with my dear friend Ashley, a stroll through Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, a visit with Nasaria (my former language partner), a quick eating excursion to Reynosa, MX, and an evening in McAllen and Mission with my former "roomies," Corbin and Ali.


As a college friend once said, "Lori, the valley earned a special place in your heart." That is certainly true; I was grateful to return and share this special place with a special friend!
All of the pictures from our adventures in the Valley can be found here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home