Sunday, April 06, 2008

Moving from St. Louis to Memphis




My parents recently flew into St. Louis, spent a few days in the city with me then helped me move to my new "temporary" home in Memphis. We had a great time visiting the Gateway Arch and riding the tram to the top. We enjoyed great food on "the hill"-St. Louis' Italian district. At last I got to see live theatre again, we all went to the musical comedy "The Wedding Singer" at Fox Theatre. Then I got to celebrate Easter with my family for the first time in 5+ years! A "farewell/Easter" party rounded out the weekend. Monday was a busy last day of clinic for me; I gave an inservice on the Right to Healthcare in the U.S. and completed my final evaluation. Tuesday was moving day as we rented a car and caravaned to Memphis. During the rest of the week, I learned about St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and got settled into my new home, while my parents explored Memphis and the Mississippi Delta area. We enjoyed eating dinner with new friends and distant relatives and savored Memphis' famous BBQ! After a final outing to Beale Street, House of Blues and Birthplace of Rock n' Roll, they flew back to the northwest. Here are all the pictures from our journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home