Saturday, February 17, 2007

Real Mexican Food!

Amber (my great friend, former college roomie, and XC and track teammate) is in med school at Loma Linda University in Southern California. When I excitedly told her about my trip out west she said, "Lori I can't let you be that close and not meet up." So, Amber and I took a study break and met up in a random city halfway between her house in Loma Linda and my hotel in San Diego. My job: find a Mexican restaurant for dinner, while she was stuck in traffic. I drove around to a couple, but they were too Americanized. Then, I found "Alberto's Mexican Food"--actually connected to the Shell station. I took one glance at the big pictures on the menu and knew this was REAL Mexican food....imagine my excitement! I spoke Spanish with a cute old man in line and he advised us on the best meal on the item. Check out the size of that homemade flour tortilla that Amber's holding in front of her face...incredible! I think we each made a total of four tacos out of it! And we had aguas frescas...horchata and jamaica...my favorites! Not only did I get to eat REAL Mexican food and speak Spanish....I also got to catch up and share laughs and funny stories with Amber! It was a delightful reunion in Southern California :)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Yo quiero esa tortilla!

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home