Sunday, January 20, 2008

Greta's Visit and 4th of July





My dear friend, Greta, has been with me through many transitions over the past few years. She and I met at Houston where we co-taught summer school during Teach for America Institute. When the school year started, Greta taught 3rd grade in Houston, while I was teaching 2nd grade six hours south. We kept in touch by phone, saw each other at TFA conferences, and made weekend visits to each others' Texas homes. When we both finished TFA, Greta and I traveled around the interior of Mexico for a week, then she helped me move from Texas to Atlanta.

Greta got to see my new home too! She came to visit me in Atlanta for 4th of July. We went out to great Thai food, celebrated a friend's birthday in Buckhead, she watched me run in the world's largest 10K on the 4th (Peachtree Road Race), we enjoyed the sun at a pool party, watched fireworks together, hosted a dinner for 3 new Teach for America corps members from Oregon (in Atlanta for training), drank Australian port by the pool, hiked up Stone Mountain, strolled through Piedmont Park, and, of course, enjoyed yummy authentic Mexican food. As always, it was great to catch up with a fun friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home